The Cross


I'm not sure when I first started wearing a cross everyday. I've done it for so very many years that it's almost a habit. It's just part of who I am.

I suppose some would say it's a statement. I wear a cross so that others will know that I belong to Jesus Christ. I want others to realize what He did for me and for them, if they'll accept His gift.

The truth isn't so selfless. I wear a cross to remind me that He is with me always. I know. I really don't need the reminder. I know He's there, whether I feel His Presence or not. But on tough days I reach frequently to finger the small, silver cross I usually wear. It quells the panic, stems the unease, reminds me that there is nothing that will happen that He can't and won't handle for me.

The Cross is a constant reminder that I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me enough to die for me. There is a peace and comfort in that no matter what the day might bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment