Fish Dining Table and Chair Set

This dining table and chair has become one of my favorites. It seemed to take forever... Some pieces are that way. So many details, plus a life with more interuptions than I can count, pushed it back months after I thought it would be done. It was worth the wait. Hope it ends up in a wonderful home!
I found the table beside the road. Crazy, isn't it? The top needed some repair work but this piece is solid wood! Just another example that one person's trash is another person's treasure.

I found these chairs several years ago at an auction. I was waiting for just the right table and this was it. The chairs are really old. The seats were covered in layers of very old, very dirty cloth. I even found a layer of thin metal.

The new seats started with wood. I added some wonderful padding and covered it all with canvas. Then I painted it. No need to find fabric to match your design when you can paint your fabric to match your design.

No comments:

Post a Comment